Sunday, February 1, 2015
First Impressions
These past few weeks we have mainly worked on class design. We went through how there can be abstract classes that don't really have to do much other than initializing and raising 'NotImplementedErrors' and more specific classes that can inherit methods from the abstract class and do more things with them! I guess a good example of the use of abstract and specific classes would be assignment 1, where we have our abstract game state and our more specific game state for the subtract square game. I guess assignment 1 has really opened my eyes and showed me why the more abstract your class can be, the better it is. I only say that because we've been told that assignment 2 and 3 is going to use the abstract game state and build on to it, so I guess it's a good thing it's abstract and not specific to any game at all or else I'd have to rewrite code... While I'm on the topic of assignment 1... I feel like my partner and I wasted quite a fair amount of time rewriting and modifying our code because we didn't really know what to put in our classes when we first started off. But when we finally figured out how we wanted to design our classes and implement subtract square, the assignment went pretty smoothly from that point on and I feel that we were able to get our abstract classes and our game view class to be as generic as possible (which is good!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment